Stories of Silver & Silk Co., Ltd. recognizes the importance of the protection of personal data for you of our products and services. The information you share with us allows us to provide the products and services you need and want appropriately tailored for you. We appreciate your trust that we will carefully and sensibly handle your personal data while giving you the very best personalized experience and customer services.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
Personal details, such as title, full name, gender, age, occupation, job title, position, business type, company name, nationality, country of residence, date of birth, information on government-issued cards (e.g., national identification number, photograph of the national identification, passport number, tax identification number.
Contact details, such as postal address, delivery details, billing address, telephone number, email address, LINE ID, Facebook account, Facebook ID.
Transaction details, such as details about payment to and from you, payment date and/or time, payment amount, details about refund, refund amount, points, date and location of purchase, purchase/order number, appointment date for service, address/date and time for pick up or delivery, acknowledgement of receipt, recipient email’s signature, complaints and claims, transaction, transaction history, location, transaction status, past sales transaction, purchasing behavior, and any other details of products and services you have purchased.
*We do not collect your financial details such as debit/credit card or bank information, credit/debit card number, credit card type, issuance/expiration date, cycle cut, account details, bank account details, prompt pay number payment details.
Profile details, such as your profile details and picture, purchases, historical orders, past orders, purchase history, items bought, item quantity, orders or product recalls made by you, orders via website, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, satisfaction survey, social media engagement, participation details, your use of discount codes and promotions, customer order description, customer service, attendance to trade exhibitions and events, trade exhibitions.
Usage details, such as information on how you browse or use our websites, platform, products in customer’s cart, wish list record, follow-shop record, and timestamp of last click and Q&A record.
Marketing and communication details, such as your preference in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We will only collect, use, or disclose sensitive data on the basis of your explicit consent or where permitted by law.
Why we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data
1. The purpose of which you have given your consent:
- Marketing and Communications: We collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to provide privileges and promotions, discounts, special offers, advertisements, news, information and any marketing and communications about the products and services from us, which we cannot rely on other legal bases.
2. The purposes we may rely on and other legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
We may also rely on (1) contractual basis, for our initiation or fulfilment of a contract with you; (2) legal obligation, for the fulfilment of the legal obligations; (3) legitimate interest, for the purpose of our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties; (4) vital interest, for preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body, or health; and/or (5) public interest, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the exercising of official authorities.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes
- To provide products and services to you: To enter into a contract and manage our contractual relationship with you; to support and perform other activities related to such services or products; to carry out financial transaction and services related to the payments including transaction checks, verification, and cancellation; to process your orders, delivery, and collections and returns; refund and exchange of products or services; to provide updates and on the delivery of the products, and to perform warehouse internal activities, including picking, packing, and labelling of packages; to provide aftersales services.
- Marketing and Communications: To provide privileges, offers, updates, sales, special offers, promotions, advertisements, notices, news, information and any marketing and communications about the products and services.
- To manage our relationship with you: To contact and communicate with you as requested by you or in relation to the products and services you obtain from us; to handle customer service-related queries, request, feedback, complains, claims, disputes; to process and update your information; to facilitate your use of the products and services;
- To improve business operations, products, and services: To evaluate, develop, manage, and improve, research and develop the services, products, system, and business operations for you; to identify and resolve issues;
- To learn more about you: To learn more about the products and services you receive, and other products and services you may be interested in receiving, including profiling based on the processing of your Personal Data, for instance by looking at the types of products and services that you use from us, how you like to be contacted and so on;
- Functioning of the sites, mobile application, and platform: To administer, operate, track, monitor, and manage the sites and platform to facilitate and ensure that they function properly, efficiently, and securely; to facilitate your experience on the sites and platform; improve layout, and content of the sites and platform;
- Compliance with regulatory and compliance obligations: To comply with legal obligations, legal proceedings, or government authorities’ orders which can include orders from government authorities outside Thailand, and/or cooperate with court, regulators, government authorities, and law enforcement bodies when we reasonably believe we are legally required to do so, and when disclosing your Personal Data is strictly necessary to comply with the said legal obligations, proceedings, or government orders. This includes to issue tax invoices; record and monitor communications; make disclosures to tax authorities and other regulatory and governmental bodies, and investigating or preventing crime;
- Protection of our interests: To protect the security and integrity of our business; to exercise our rights or protect our interest where it is necessary and lawfully to do so, for example to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims, or violations of law.
3. To whom we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data
- Our service providers
We may use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on behalf or to assist with the provision of products and services to you. We may share your Personal Data to our service providers or third-party suppliers including, but not limited to (1) website, and IT service providers; (2) logistic service providers; (3) payment service providers; (4) auditors; (5) marketing, advertising media, and communications agencies.
In the course of providing such services, the service providers may have access to your Personal Data. However, we will only provide our service providers with the Personal Data that is necessary for them to perform the services, and we ask them not to use your information for any other purposes.
- Third parties required by law
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations. This includes any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or safety issues.
- Professional advisors
This includes lawyers, technicians and auditors who assist in running our business, and defending or bringing any legal claims.
4. How long do we keep your Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil purpose for which we obtained it, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. However, we may have to retain your Personal Data for a longer duration, as required by applicable law.
5. Security of your Personal Data
The Company recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of your Personal Data. Therefore, the Company endeavours to protect your information by establishing security measures for your Personal Data appropriately and in accordance with the confidentiality safeguard of Personal Data, to prevent loss, unauthorized or unlawful access, destruction, use, alteration, rectification or disclosure; provided, however, that the Company will ensure that the method of collecting, storing and processing of your Personal Data, including physical safety measures follow the information technology security policies and guidelines of the Company.
7. Cookies and how they are used
If you visit our websites, we will gather certain information automatically from you by using cookies.
Cookies are small pieces of information or text issued to your computer when you visit a website and are used to store or track information about your use of a website and used in analyzing trends, administering our websites, tracking users’ movements around the websites, or to remember users’ settings. Some cookies are strictly necessary because otherwise the site is unable to function properly. Other Cookies allow us to enhance your browsing experience, tailor content to your preferences, and make your interactions with the site more convenient: they remember your username in a secure way, as well as your language preferences.
Most Internet browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies. If you reject, remove or block Cookies can affect your user experience and without cookies, your ability to use some or all of the features or areas of our websites may be limited.
In addition, some third parties may issue Cookies through our websites to serve ads that are relevant to your interests based on your browsing activities. These third parties may also collect your browser history or other information to determine how you reached our websites and the pages you visit when you leave our websites. Information gathered through these automated means may be associated with the Personal Data you previously submitted on our website.
8. Your rights as a data subject
Subject to applicable laws and exceptions thereof, you may have the following rights to:
- Access: You may have the right to access or request a copy of the Personal Data we are collecting, using or disclosing about you. For your own privacy and security, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information to you.
- Rectification: You may have the right to have incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, or or not up-to-date Personal Data that we collect, use or disclose about you rectified.
- Data Portability: You may have the right to obtain Personal Data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to send or transfer such data to another data controller, where this is (a) Personal Data which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are collecting, using or disclosing such data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection: You may have the right to object to certain collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data such as objecting to direct marketing.
- Restriction: You may have the right to restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Withdraw Consent: For the purposes you have consented to our collecting, using or disclosing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete or de-identity Personal Data that we collect, use or disclose about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Lodge a complaint: You may have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent authority where you believe our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data is unlawful or noncompliant with applicable data protection law.
9. Our Contact Details
Stories of Silver & Silk Co., Ltd.
71/9 Soi Chareanchai Ekamai Road, Klongton Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Data Protection Officer