Necklace Style and Outfit
- Color: If you are wearing white, black, or neutral colors outfit, you can play with colorful necklaces or go with neutral color necklace such as silver or white on black. For the colorful outfit, you should recall the color wheel when matching outfit and necklace, primary colors and secondary colors that sit side by side in the color wheel always work well together but putting opposite colors on the color wheel can also be interesting. 70/30 or 80/20 rules can be helpful, for example. if you mainly wear the yellow outfit as a total of 70% of your look, you can play it up with 30% contrast of blue and silver jewelry.
- Simple vs Intricate: You should likewise choose a simple and less intricate necklace if you are wearing intricately designed outfit. The reason for this is that if you want to put emphasis on your outfit, you should not wear a complicated and striking necklace that could steal away the limelight from your outfit.
- Outfit Style: Third, you should decide on which style you want to present. You can go for the classic look with a classic necklace. You can also opt for a glamorous look using bib necklace. Moreover, you can choose to be edgy by wearing choker necklace, or you can be very playful by wearing chunky necklace and jewelry.
Necklace Length and Outfit
The length of your necklace can greatly complement your outfit. You should know where a certain necklace length would fall on your body. Knowing this would help you choose the right necklace for your outfit.
- A 14″ necklace would generally fit around your neck.
- A 16″ would fall on the baseline of your neck like a wraparound collar.
- An 18″ would sit elegantly on your collarbone, while a 20″ would fall just beneath your collarbone. A 22″ necklace would fall just right above your bust.
Here are some suggestions on the necklace length for different types of outfit.
- Square Cut: Angular pendants.
- Scoop: Shorter pendants with volume.
- Collared Shirt: Pendant or Choker.
- Turtle Neck: Long chains or Pendants.
- Halter Neck: Slim Pendants.
- Strapless: Choker.
- Sweetheart: Carved beads or Pendants.
- Off-Shoulder: Asymmetric.
- Cowl: Feature earrings.
You May Also Want to Know:
- Necklace Length and Style Guide for Face Shape
- Necklace Length and Style Guide for Body Shape
- How to Choose Silver Necklace for Strapless Dress
- Tips for Layering Necklaces
20% OFF INSTANT DISCOUNT
Sign up today for free to receive exclusive offers including 20% OFF on today’s order on all handmade silver jewellery.
Please check your inbox for our 20% Off Discount Code.